Have you ever decided to beautify your skin from scars or wrinkles with laser technology? So how do you prepare yourself for that operation? What are the expected results? And its risks?
Preparation for the cosmetic process:
- Begin the process of preparing for the process by consulting a cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist to find out whether that process is suitable for you or mark it with something in your skin first , tell your doctor if they have rash or blisters around your mouth, the process of peeling and beautifying the skin can penetrate the tissues of the infected skin come up to you at risk .
- If you want to do laser skin peeling and beauty, your doctor will ask you not to take any medications or supplements such as aspirin, ibuprofen or vitamin E that can lead to blood clots for 10 days before the procedure.
- If you smoke you should stop smoking completely for two weeks before and after the procedure, smoking can prolong the recovery time of the operation.
- Your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic drug in advance to prevent bacterial infection, as well as antiviral drugs, especially if you are prone to sores and pimples .
What is expected during and after the operation:
- The doctor can treat the surrounding wrinkles around the eye, mouth, forehead or both on an individual or treat your whole face, as for small areas, the doctor will anesthetize the areas to be treated with a local anesthetic, and general anesthesia occurs in the case of treating your whole face.
- The process takes when treating small parts of the face about 30 to 45 minutes, the full face can take up to two hours, after that the doctor says is associating the treated areas, insulation, medical, and after 24 hours you will need to clean the treated areas of 4 :5 times a day .
- May occur after the operation swelling and swelling in the face, this is normal and your doctor may prescribe acts that come swelling around the eye, as you can sleep on the pillow at night to relieve tension .
- You may feel itching for 12 to 72 hours after the procedure from five to seven days and your skin will become dry and dandruff, and once the skin heals you can then adopt oil-free makeup to reduce the redness of the skin, and these symptoms often end within two or three months .
- You should use sunscreen to protect your very sensitive skin after the procedure, which will block harmful ultraviolet rays.
Benefits and risks of laser skin facelift:
Although this procedure treats scars, wrinkles and other skin, it can not produce you with 100% perfect skin like children's skin, it can only improve its appearance, as for the risks of the operation:
- Burns or other injuries from laser heat.
- The appearance of skin scars;
- Changes in skin color i.e. the appearance of dark and light spots.
- Reactivate sores and pimples .
- Bacterial infection .